Sunday, June 12, 2011

Machu Picchu



My first time at Machu Picchu - I think I almost peed my pants.


Second time at Machu Picchu - that's a two I'm throwing up, even though I also support peace.

I walked to the Sun Gate. It was cloudy and I was told to turn around...but guess what...

the sun came out spectacularly and all the British tourists shouted and it was a moment that made us all feel so alive!
(Even the silent man who kept looking shiftily at me...I'm pretty sure he felt the Picchu power too)

When I first went to Machu Picchu, I sat and wrote profound things in my tiny green journal, and all was deep and tranquil.

Second time around, I brought my journal again, and again likely wrote deep and profound things about my life and Incans. (wouldn't you like to know what I wrote...)
But I also brought it just to have similar photos....I'm a sucker for little ritualistic mementos...


A year and a half ago I climbed the mountain of Machu Picchu, over the ruins, and sat like this.

This year, I hiked Wayna Picchu (after waking up at 4:45 to get in line for a ticket) and stood like this.Yes, awkward moments even happen at ancient wonders of the world.

I'm a little bit obsessed with Cusco and Machu Picchu, and I find this perfectly reasonable.
I'm glad you do too.




1 comment:

  1. I love your round 2 photos! Especially the awkward moment :D
    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete