Monday, August 6, 2012

Music Monday and Missing Peru

A year ago today I returned from nearly six months in Peru.

 I still tell too many stories about it and I still think that one story
about the supposed intruder in the Amazonian hostel is terrifying
and the one about accidentally calling my friend's host brother an alcoholic 
and then being caught up in his love triangle is hilarious.

That's to say, I miss Peru. 

 So does my lovely friend Kate, who studied abroad in Cusco
and has her own share of terrifying/hilarious stories. 


So why are we so happy in this photo? 

It was Kaypi Perú at the National Museum of the American Indian! 
(Kaypi is "this is" in Quechua.) 

Marca Perú! 

We have shirts with the Marca Perú on them, but we forgot to wear them...

Watch this video to understand what Marca Perú is.
 You won't regret it. It's hilarious. 


Kate is sad she is no longer in Cusco, near Machu Picchu. 

But then we drank tiny pisco sours and it was all ok. 


And no, I haven't forgotten Music Mondays!




I love running to this song!
I didn't look up the music video, because if it's like other Don Omar videos,
 it will have a lot of scantily clad women shaking their booties 
and I want this song to encourage you to work out 
NOT to get bad plastic surgery and fake tans! 
BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! 


Prince Royce - Incondicional 

link 
Prince Royce is a bachata singer from NYC.
 (I just learned how to dance to bachata this weekend!) 
He is precious. 
(But he looks a little bit like a Latino Justin Bieber in this photo.) 
(Also, I had to look up how to spell Bieber.) 

This music video is a little strange, and seems to promote very unsafe driving practices. 
Also, stalking.
But stalking isn't stalking when you do it with a cool car and mariachi's right?
(Let's be honest, if Prince Royce stalked me, I would probably be ok with that.) 
This also reminds me of McDonald's commercials with the strange drawing with yellow light.... 





No comments:

Post a Comment