Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fresh Attempt at Saving Sanity

This is how my semester started...with a tree having fallen on our library.
Yes, we have a Starbucks in our library.


It's been nearly a month since I wrote, though I had all the best intentions to regale you all with some funny and touching stories from Peru as well as my deep thoughts on being back in the District and struggling to not grow up. But alas....

Instead, I recently had a few weeks in which I had a strange allergic reaction and ended up in the ER, turned 22 years old, forgot about multiple class assignments, crowd-surfed, made new friends, despaired of my life, was excited by my life, and locked myself out of my room last night and am running off a few hours of terrible sleep on a too-small couch.

And I've been missing this place a lot. Lima.

It's been crazy, but I have realized, as I have gone about three weeks without a journal, waiting for my birthday present journal I get every year (it arrived and is cute!), that perhaps writing my stories and thoughts is just as important to my sanity as living off more than brownies. So I think, along with my journal, I will try to return to expressing myself a little bit here. And eat veggies.

Hold your breath for the next installment of my far too exciting life. I know not many people read this (though I can't be sure since multiple friends refuse to make a little profile and follow me) and so I feel silly writing on here and somehow expecting an audience. But oh well, I also feel silly locking myself out of my room and falling on someone's head while crowd-surfing. That's just how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment